Tuesday, September 23

Liss Does London Fashion Weekend












Last Thursday, 18th September, I went to Somerset House for London Fashion Weekend which is something I had planned for months as I got the tickets for my birthday and I had been counting down the days ever since.

I had tickets for one trend show which featured 4 key trends that the OUTNET.com think will be hot for Spring/Summer 2015 and also a designer show which was Amanda Wakeley who had already showcased her collection earlier in the week at London Fashion Week. I had front row tickets to Amanda Wakeley and both shows were incredible. I will go into more details on separate blog posts about the two shows.

Before going to London Fashion Weekend I had spent weeks thinking about what I was going to wear and I thought I had an outfit planned but the weather was not as cold as I had first thought it would be and therefore had to almost change my whole outfit. After a lot of 'umming' and 'ahhing' and constantly having the weather app open on my phone, I finally decided on an outfit.
The weather was good and it was a pretty warm day for September so I decided to wear my flowy, very high waisted black trousers from Zara along with a light knit and mesh crop top from River Island. Seeing as it was a warm day, I didn't bring a jacket and I just wore my trusty black sandals from New Look. I almost didn't wear my hat but I decided my outfit needed something else added to it and I needed something to break up the all black so I added my Christy's London fedora to add a bit of autumn colouring.

At London Fashion Weekend there were plenty of boutiques and pop up stores to look around and my friend Alison and I spent a long time admiring the beautiful clothes on offer. The stores were pretty high end high street and a lot more expensive than I thought they would be but their clothing was so gorgeous. I saw a lot of fur around as that is a key trend for AW14.

In between a show and looking around the boutiques, Alison and I popped to the tote bag collection station to collect our free tote bag filled with goodies and we weren't disappointed. The tote bags included a HELLO Fashion magazine, Maybelline mascara, Garnier make-up wipes, Essie nail polish plus snacks and many more little goodies! I was so impressed with the bags!

Overall it was a great day that was filled with fashion and I even saw a few famous faces lurking around, not to mention being ten metres away from Amanda Wakeley...DREAM!

Liss x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Count