Sunday, June 1

Vintage Garments

As a fashion student I'm constantly beginning new projects, one every six weeks, and recently I have completed a styling project. For part of this project I was kindly lent some vintage clothing from a vintage shop owned by the charity, Helen & Douglas House Hospice which 'provide hospice & palliative care to children and young adults in Oxfordshire & surrounding counties'. I had to use the clothing to be styled for a May day event in which we had to raise money. So therefore in preparation for this I decided to begin testing out the outfits I had, styling them up and had my sister model them. This was the outcome:

Outfit 1:

For this outfit I had a slightly cropped black top with a scalloped edge and with this I matched a pair of wide leg black and white small check trousers. I didn't like the look of them with the wide leg so I pinned them back on either side to create a slimmer, more tailored look. I think personally this works better as the top is a looser fit meaning the bottom half looks better slimmer otherwise the model will look bigger than her actual size, making the outfit unflattering and outdated. 
For accessories I added a black bowler style hat and black heeled boots to finish off this monochrome outfit.





Outfit 2:

For this outfit I had one garment left and this was a black polka dot shift-type dress with blouse-like sleeves. It was lovely but so outdated as it was for what I wanted to achieve with it. The dress had no shape to it whatsoever and looked like it completely 'drowned' the model. Therefore I added a belt to try and add any type of definition at all and this seemed to work add absolute treat. It was finally flattering to some extent!

For accessories I again added a hat but this time a burgundy coloured fedora. I added a pearl necklace and bracelet to add more of a vintage theme but still keep it modern. To finish it off I choose simple black wedge heels as I wanted the focus to be on the top half of the model.





Thank you to Helen & Douglas House Hospice for lending me the vintage clothes! I am so pleased with the garments I got and how the outfits ended up coming out.



Liss 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Count